Webinar: Supporting Acute Care Organizational Quality Initiatives: It’s a Collaborative Effort
The healthcare reimbursement landscape is changing resulting in penalties for organizations with perceived poorer quality of care and less than optimal patient outcomes. CDI Programs are imploding to support the morphing focus on “quality” documentation which results in the accurate identification and capture of this reported hospital data. For the CDI Specialist, this expands the medical record review focus to continue to support billing, but also incorporates the review of documentation to support quality measures and the identification of hospital imposed injuries and infections.
This presentation will provide tips to assist your organization in evaluating what processes are in place to accurately identify and report this data and the consequences of failing to do so.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Discuss current and evolving quality initiatives introduced by the Affordable Care Act
- Discuss ways to engage physicians in quality documentation practices
- Identify the impact that quality initiatives will have on healthcare organizations for the longer term
- Relate the differences in coding and CDI roles in identifying, reviewing and assigning codes for differing quality initiatives
- Discuss how risk adjustment impacts quality reported data
- Apply learned concepts to explore potential opportunities at your hospital