ACDIS update: 2018 webinars offer multifaceted CDI education
As we approach the end of 2018, ACDIS is looking back over its webinar offerings from this year. Starting in January, ACDIS has offered nine webinars covering a wide variety of CDI topics (and we’re planning one more for December on the new malnutrition criteria with Richard Pinson, MD, and Cynthia Tang, RHIT, co-authors of the CDI Pocket Guide, so stay tuned!).
If you weren’t able to attend live, you can still purchase any of the webinars on-demand and listen to the education on your own time. Here’s what’s been covered this year:
- CC/MCCs for CDI: In our annual show, William E. Haik, MD, FCCP, CDIP, discussed the 2018 CC/MCC list and shared tips for querying some of the most commonly missed diagnoses.
- Clinical validation and query practices: Over the course of three hours, Cheryl Ericson, MS, RN, CCDS, CDIP, and Cathy Farraher, RN, BSN, MBA, CCM, CCDS, discussed the nuances involved in clinical validation reviews and the mechanics of compliant validation queries.
- Patient safety indicators and collaboration: In this 60-minute show, Mary Kay Brooks, MSN, RN, CPHQ, CCDS, discussed how CDI can make a difference in the world of patient safety indicators.
- Respiratory failure documentation, coding, and validation: CDI Pocket Guide authors Richard Pinson, MD, FACP, CCS, and Cynthia Tang, RHIA, CCS, devoted two hours to the complex diagnosis of respiratory failure.
- CDI trauma reviews: In this 60-minute show, Nicole Fox, MD, MPH, FACS, CPE, and Kristie Perry, RN, MHSA, CCDS, CCS, dug into the difficult world of CDI trauma reviews, offering tips for physician education, effective query practices, and coding nuances.
- Sepsis documentation and coding: Tackling one of the most troublesome diagnoses for CDI, Cesar M. Limjoco, MD, and Shelly McBrayer, BSN, RN, CCM, CCDS, spent two hours unpacking the documentation and coding nuances to help CDI professionals excel.
- Malnutrition OIG investigations: In a three-hour case study ACDIS Live, members of the Vidant Health team discussed their ongoing experiences fighting an OIG audit of malnutrition cases.
- State of the CDI industry: In our 2018 free CDI Week webinar, Deanne Wilk, RN, BSN, CCDS, CCS, Mindy Davis, RHIT, CDIP, CCS, and Beth Wolf, MD, CPC, CCDS, discuss the results of the 2018 Industry Survey and the state of CDI as a whole.
- CDI in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU): In this 90-minute webinar, experts Leah Savage, MSN, RN, CCDS, and Jeff Morris, BSN, RN, CCDS, offered practical advice to tackle NICU reviews and effectively query and educate physicians.
The ACDIS team hopes that you’ve found something helpful in our 2018 webinars and that you’ll join us in December. Remember, continuing education credits are good for a year following the live program date, so if you need those CEs, it’s also a good time to catch up.
If you have a suggestion for a future webinar topic, contact ACDIS Editor Linnea Archibald (email@example.com).