The Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists (ACDIS) respects the privacy of every individual who visits or is a member of ACDIS (cdiassociation.com). ACDIS wants you to fully understand what information we gather from you, how that information is collected, how that information is used, and how you can control the collection and/or use of information about you. So please read this Policy carefully.
- Personally Identifiable Information
There are cases in which ACDIS may ask you for personally identifiable information, such as your name, mailing address, and e-mail address. For example, we request personally identifiable information for online shopping or transactions or for other services that require registration, subscription or membership. We may also collect information from e-mail, letters, or other correspondence that you send us. ACDIS will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily, with the exception of your computer's IP address. The IP address is an identifier unique to each computer or Internet usage session.
When you do provide us with personally identifiable information, ACDIS may:
- Store and process that information to enhance your experience with ACDIS so that we provide a service that is relevant and easy to use;
- Use that information to contact you for informational, marketing, and promotional purposes on behalf of ACDIS and third parties, including such benefits as welcoming you back to ACDIS or cdiassociation.com informing you of service enhancements or promotional items;
- To the extent required to provide our services, share personally identifiable information with any merchants that may offer their products and services through cdiassociation.com;
- Share information about your product purchases through ACDIS with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, or other third parties;
- Disclose that information to third parties when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) ACDIS's rights or property, other members or users of cdiassociation.com or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities; and
- Disclose that information to third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure is required by law or a court of competent jurisdiction; and
- As ACDIS continues to develop its business, we may sell or buy other businesses or assets. A buyer or successor will have access to our customer lists as this information is considered a transferable business asset.
Except as stated in this Policy, or as otherwise stated at the time that the personally identifiable information is gathered, we will not provide personally identifiable information to third parties.
- Nonpersonally Identifiable Information
ACDIS may also collect information about you that is not personally identifiable. Examples of this type of information may include your age, gender, interests and preferences, the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system you are using, and the domain name of the company or organizational Web site from which you linked to cdiassociation.com. ACDIS may share this information with advertisers, business partners, sponsors, or other third parties. For example, ACDIS may inform a sponsor that membership of cdiassociation.com and ACDIS is x percent females and y percent males. This data is used to customize cdiassociation.com's content and advertising and to deliver better experience to our members and users.
- Opting Out
From time to time, ACDIS will send you e-mail newsletters, product announcements, surveys, or other information via e-mail. If you prefer not to receive any or all of these communications, you may opt out by following the directions provided within the e-mail newsletters and product announcements.
- Paying for membership on cdiassociation.com
cdiassociation.com employs security and encryption services, such as SSL and SET, with secure credit card transactions. Unlike many Web sites that use only one of these services or have no encryption service at all, ACDIS offers you this additional protection so that you can order in a safe and comfortable environment. You may become a member over the telephone, by fax, by mail or by e-mail. Please see below for our purchase and payment options:
- Credit Card: Your credit card will be charged as soon as you check out. We accept American Express, VISA, or MasterCard.
- Purchase Order / Billing (online): Towards the end of the checkout process, a screen will appear with a pull-down window called "Select Shipping Method." Choose "Bill Me" as your shipping method if you are ordering via purchase order or you want to be billed. Enter your purchase order number in the field below the pull-down window.
- Fax or Mail Orders: If you would rather fax or mail your order in, you must follow two steps: a) Select "Fax Order In" or "Call Me" as your payment method (instead of American Express, VISA, or Mastercard). This method of payment is found toward the end of your online purchase process. b) A form will appear on the Web site. Simply fill out all of the information, print out the order form, and fax the form to 800/639-8511, or mail the form to HCPro, Order Processing, 200 Hoods Lane, Marblehead, MA 01945.
- Telephone, Live Customer Service, or E-mail Orders: Please call our Customer Service Department at 877/727-1728 (Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm Eastern Standard Time) to order over the telephone or to ask questions. You may also select "Call Me" as one of your online payment options, and a customer service representative will call you back on the next business day. You may also e-mail orders or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We answer all e-mail requests received during business hours the same day. We respond the next business morning to e-mail requests received during the weekend or holidays.
ACDIS may also inform you of products from its parent company, HCPro, Inc. HCPro products ordered online are done so through HCPro's Healthcare Marketplace (www.hcmarketplace.com). Please refer to HCPro's Healthcare Marketplace privacy and security policy when visiting www.hcmarketplace.com.
cdiassociation.com is not directed to individuals under 13 years of age, and ACDIS does not intend to collect any personally identifiable information from such individuals.
"Cookies" are electronic files stored on your hard drive. Cookies cannot read data off your hard drive; they store identification information about you. ACDIS, like the operators of many other Web sites, uses the cookies to identify you when you visit cdiassociation.com. ACDIS may also use the cookie to recognize you to help ensure the security of confidential information. ACDIS uses the information from cookies to personalize services and determine the amount and type of traffic at cdiassociation.com. Cookies also provide us with information about your "clickstream"--the way that you navigate through cdiassociation.com so that we can better design the site for your use.
Most browsers allow you to disable or delete your cookies. ACDIS would prefer to provide you with personalized services through cookies since not all services may be available to those who disable or delete cookies.
- Links to Other Web Sites
Cdiassociation.com may provide links to various other Web sites. ACDIS assumes no responsibility for the information practices of sites that you are able to access through cdiassociation.com. These links to other sites do not imply any affiliation or endorsement of a linked site.
The importance of security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users is of utmost concern to us. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be secure. While we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, ACDIS can't ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your personally identifiable information, we will take reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems. See clause 5 "Paying for your membership on cdiassociation.com" for more information on the security methods we employ.
- Your Privacy Rights (CA Residents)
Under California's "Shine the Light" law, CA residents have the right to request the names and addresses of any external companies with which ACDIS has shared their customer information over the past year. If you are a CA resident and wish to make a request, please contact email@example.com. You will receive a response within 30 days, as granted under the law.
- Your Acceptance of These Terms
- Who to Contact