ACDIS update: Join us for the Capturing CCs/MCCs webinar
Join us Thursday, January 21, at 1 p.m. EST for the Capturing CCs/MCCs: 2021 CDI Updates for Clinical Indicators and Query Opportunities webinar. Presented by William E. Haik, MD, FCCP, CDIP, this webinar takes a closer look at the clinical indicators needed to qualify a diagnosis as a complication or comorbid condition (CC) or a major CC (MCC).
With a host of changes related to the coronavirus pandemic as well as updates to a number of conditions, everyone practicing or managing CDI and coding teams needs this in-depth clinical perspective.
This year, CC changes include:
- Alcohol & opioid use/abuse
- Cytokine release syndrome
- Cerebellar ataxia
- Cerebrospinal fluid leaks
- Pulmonary eosinophilia
MCC changes include:
- 18 new codes related to sickle cell disease
- New codes classifying esophagitis
- New codes to capture neonatal cerebral infarction
- Updated CKD staging
Missed the live webinar? Access the on-demand version by clicking here.