ACDIS update: Meet the ACDIS PRO
Last month we asked you, our CDI geniuses to help us come up with the best name for our new ACDIS Pocket Guide Online Tool. And you absolutely responded! We received over 125 submissions, and we are now thrilled to unveil the official name. Meet the all new: ACDIS PRO (Pocket Resource Online)
Your CDI Virtual Companion!
This new, fully customizable, easy to navigate online portal can be accessed on any device—pull it up on your phone in a meeting to make sure you have the right code, access it on the go while talking to a physician, or from your office. With the ability to add your own personal notes directly into conditions for easy reference —this all-encompassing online tool will become your favorite reference.
The 2021 ACDIS Pocket Guide has some changes of its own and includes updates to reflect 2021 coding and documentation requirements, AHA Coding Clinic guidance, provider tips, expanded CDI critical thinking tips, and coding considerations. Plus, a brand-new ICD-10-PCS section, and eight new and 57 updated clinical conditions. New conditions include:
- MDC 1: Diseases and Disorders of the Nervous System – Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak
- MDC 16: Blood and Blood-Forming Organs – Cytokine Release Syndrome
- MDC 16: Blood and Blood-Forming Organs – Immunodeficiency
- MDC 16: Blood and Blood-Forming Organs – Sickle Cell Disease
- MDC 18: Infectious and Parasitic Diseases – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- MDC 23: Factors Influencing Health Status & Other Contacts with Health Services – Functional Quadriplegia
- Pediatrics and Neonatal Population– Apgar Score
- Pediatrics and Neonatal Population - Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome in Children (MIS-C)/ Pediatric Multisystem Inflammatory Syndrome (PMIS or PIMS)
- As a bonus, this year, all 2021 ACDIS Pocket Guide buyers get access to ACDIS PRO for free!