Local chapter update: Information leaders need to apply for CEUs
Planning for a chapter training or education program takes a few steps, and an important one for chapter leaders to get done is applying to offer continuing education units (CEU). Leaders need to apply for pre-approval 30 days before the meeting date so that ACDIS can review, approve, and process the request in time. But what information does the application require? Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Contact person (should be member of the leadership team) including name, title, work phone and email
- Program title
- Total number of CEUs requested (One CEU is provided per hour of instruction, excluding business meetings, raffles, breaks, lunches)
- Program length
- Teaching methodology (e.g., in-person, virtual seminar, etc.)
- Event date and time
- Speaker information including name, credentials, job title and organization
- Learning objectives describing knowledge or skills gained after completion
- Description of the program’s benefit for CDI professionals
Last, leaders are asked to type their name as a virtual signature that they have reviewed ACDIS’ requirements for prior approval of a continuing education program and agree to abide by them, and understand that failure to follow the requirements for prior approval may result in revocation of prior approval and prohibit future approval by ACDIS. If you have further questions, feel free to reach out to the ACDIS team (email@example.com), or contact Linnea Archibald (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jess Fluegel (email@example.com).
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. Visit your local chapter’s webpage on the ACDIS site for additional information about upcoming meetings. To join a chapter if you haven’t already or to update your chapter contact information/affiliation, click here.
- The Arizona ACDIS chapter is offering an on-demand webinar, August through September. For information, contact Sydni Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Kansas City, Missouri ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, August 10, 2-3:30 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Debra Canova (email@example.com).
- The Illinois ACDIS chapter meets Friday, August 12, 4-5 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Stephanie Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Texas ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, August 18, 12-1 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Kristie Alexander (email@example.com).
- The Tennessee ACDIS chapter meets Friday, August 19, 11-12 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, "Incorrect PCS Application" and will be presented by Margaret (Betsy) Fry, RN, CCDS, MHCL, MBA. For information, contact Vicki Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Minnesota ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, August 24, 1-2 p.m., via webinar. The title of the presentation will be “Coagulopathy: A Multidisciplinary Concern, Documentation challenge, and Coding Complexity.” For information, contact Angela Balius (email@example.com).
- The California ACDIS chapter meets Friday, October 21, for their sixth annual conference. For information, contact the leadership team (California.firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Kansas City, Missouri ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, November 9, 2–3:30 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Debra Canova (email@example.com).