Local chapter update: Lean on the ACDIS team for help with your chapter!
Chapter leaders have a lot to juggle, in their important role facilitating education and connection between local ACDIS members. Even with advanced planning it can be difficult to coordinate calendars, recruit volunteers, and find speakers for events, however. We appreciate all that chapter leaders do and hope this review can help give you the tools to succeed.
First, chapter leaders may not be able to easily find a person willing to give a presentation for every meeting, but panels can be a less-intimidating alternative for volunteers. Creating a panel event based on one of ACDIS’ recent publications, then asking each leadership team member to prepare questions on a separate piece of the publication, can spark discussion and be a great event all on its own with minimal preparation. And don’t forget, while looking for support or single-speaker presentations, that every member in your updated roster has answered whether they’re willing to volunteer in leadership, host an event, or speak themselves!
Also, chapter leaders are eligible for two free ACDIS products per year. This is intended to help facilitate chapter meetings and provide extra resources for education. If your chapter is trying to plan for an event, now might be a great time to take advantage of our offer and request a free ACDIS webinar. To get access, you can reach out to the ACDIS team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Last and most importantly, the ACDIS national team is here to help. If you’re having trouble in any part of the preparation for a local chapter meeting or in the process of finding new leadership, feel free to reach out to our whole team (email@example.com), or contact Linnea Archibald (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jess Fluegel (email@example.com). We’d be happy to resolve your concerns and help you make your next chapter meeting the best yet!
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. Visit your local chapter’s webpage on the ACDIS site for additional information about upcoming meetings. To join a chapter if you haven’t already or to update your chapter contact information/affiliation, click here.
- The Tennessee ACDIS chapter meets Friday, July 29, 1-2 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Kristie Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Kansas City, Missouri ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, August 10, 2–3:30 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Debra Canova (email@example.com).
- The Illinois ACDIS chapter meets Friday, August 12, 4-5 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Stephanie Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Tennessee ACDIS chapter meets Friday, August 19, 11-12 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, "Incorrect PCS Application" and will be presented by Margaret (Betsy) Fry, RN, CCDS, MHCL, MBA. For information, contact Vicki Brown (email@example.com).
- The Minnesota ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, August 24, 1-2 p.m., via webinar. The title of the presentation will be “Coagulopathy: A Multidisciplinary Concern, Documentation challenge, and Coding Complexity.” For information, contact Angela Balius (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The California ACDIS chapter meets Friday, October 21, for their sixth annual conference. For information, contact the leadership team (California.email@example.com).
- The Kansas City, Missouri ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, November 9, 2–3:30 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Debra Canova (firstname.lastname@example.org).