Local chapter update: Maine chapter meeting from a leader’s point of view
The Maine ACDIS chapter met Friday, October 23, for an online agenda including clinical indicators, games, giveaways, and networking. The following is Maine Chapter Leader Tammy Jutras’ summary of the event.
After some house rules to kick off the event, Jutras launched a poll and learned there were 10 new participants who’d never attended a chapter conference before, and grand total of 48 participants which was, as Jutras says, “amazing.” During the meeting, chapter leaders also called attention to any CCDS certifications obtained in either 2019 or 2020. Jutras created three quizzes, five questions each—two fun random questions, and three ACDIS-related questions—for an activity for everyone.
The webinar content was good. A physician from Maine General emailed me this morning saying this has provoked some thoughts for their organization and are actively discussing.
In terms of lessons learned and good advice, Jutras says the virtual interactive discussion represented a challenge but she’d enlisted a co-host and “chat-box manager” to monitor that section of the platform which worked out well.
She also had some additional polling questions pertaining to impact from COVID-19 and staffing, physician engagement, and restructuring. In response to a polling question: “What trends have you noticed?” Over 60% responded “none, my physicians ROCK!”
“Overall, the conference went well considering this was my first time hosting a virtual meeting. My team really helped me out, but it was a ton of preparation, organization, and learning for me,” Jutras says. “I love working to plan meetings, but I’ll admit, I may have lost a little sleep. This was a great experience for me. The chat box blew up at the end with such nice compliments thanking me. Everyone was so appreciative! Makes it all worth-while. Still, I would do it again in a heartbeat.”
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. To join a chapter if you haven’t already or to update your chapter contact information/affiliation, click here.
- The Kentucky ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, October 29, 12 p.m., for an online session regarding risk assessment. For information, contact Lisa Fuller (email@example.com).
- The South Carolina ACDIS chapter meets Friday, October 30, at 11:30 a.m., for a presentation on hospital acquired conditions (HAC) and patient safety indicators (PSI). For information, contact Amanda Suttles (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Texas ACDIS chapter meets Tuesday, November 3, 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. CST, via webinar. For information, contact Kristie Alexander (email@example.com)
- The CDI educator networking group meets Friday, November 6, for an event titled "New CDI orientation process at Banner Health." Save-the-date flyer to follow. For more information, contact Coral Fernandez (Coral.Fernandez@BHSI.com).
- The Tennessee ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, November 11, 12 p.m., for a presentation about HACs and PSIs. For information, contact Judith Rochelle (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Kansas City, Missouri, ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, December 2, via webinar. For information, contact Debra Canova (Debra.Canova@tmcmed.org).
- The Arizona ACDIS chapter meets Friday, December 4, 12 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Sydni Johnson (Sydni.Johnson@bannerhealth.com).
- The Maryland ACDIS chapter meets Friday, December 4, 12 p.m. For information, contact Deborah L. McClain (DLMcClain@frederick.health).
- The Wisconsin ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, January 20, 3 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Laura Stuber (email@example.com).