Local chapter update: Notes from the Puerto Rico ACDIS chapter
It’s always nice to hear about how local events are going. Last week, we heard from Carmen Ibarrondo, Revenue Cycle Management Director at Inmediata Health Integrated Solutions in Puerto Rico (PR) about her efforts to expand the island’s interest in CDI efforts. Ibarrondo, and her PR ACDIS chapter co-leader Maritza Rivera, set up a booth at the Medical Director Academy of PR Symposium on February 7, in Dorado. Ibarrondo offered a presentation and received a lovely gift from Dra Trinidad, president of the Academy, for her efforts.
Ibarrondo and Rivera went above and beyond by setting up their booth with a table wrapper featuring the ACDIS logo superimposed by an outline of Puerto Rico with island flag prominently waving as the dot above the ‘i.’ The booth also included a sign made with additional details about the chapter and ACDIS in Spanish, and a number of items that the national ACDIS organization sent down to help facilitate their efforts.
Despite the tragic obstacles our friends in PR have faced these past few years, Ibarrondo and her colleagues remain committed to the CDI mission and energizing those interested in the profession. That’s what networking on the local level is all about.
The next PR ACDIS Chapter appearance takes place at the PR Quality Healthcare Association, March 20, at Auxilio Mutuo Hospital, in Hato Rey, where Ibarrondo will speaker about “Legal Aspects of Clinical Documentation.” For information, contact her at email@example.com.
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. If you have an upcoming event you would like to include, please email Melissa Varnavas (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Carolyn Riel (email@example.com).
- The CDI educator networking group meets via webinar on Friday, February 28, at 12:30 p.m., for a presentation on the roles and responsibilities of system inpatient CDI auditor/educator and a discussion about the various responsibilities of those serving in the educator role. For information, contact Coral Fernandez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Suffolk County New York ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, March 18, 9:30-10:30 a.m., at Stony Brook Medical Center for a presentation on surgical complications and quality outcomes with Kimberly O’Neill. For information, contact Eileen Finnin (Eileen.email@example.com).
- The Central New York ACDIS chapter meets Friday, March 20, 12-1:30 p.m., via webinar for a presentation title “HANYS Denial Management,” with Jeff Gold. For information, contact Dawn Burr (DawnBurr@crouse.org).
- The Indiana ACDIS chapter meets Saturday, March 21, 8:30 a.m. to 1:45 p.m., at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis. Registration and payment must be completed by March 1, and can be found on the Indiana ACDIS chapter page. For information, contact Angela Green (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Arizona ACDIS chapter meets Friday, March 27, 12-1:15 p.m., for a round table discussion Q&A on CDI Hot Topics with Dr. Richard Pinson. For information, contact M.E. Van Gelder (email@example.com).
- The Georgia ACDIS chapter meets Friday, March 27, in Athens. More details to follow.
- The Illinois ACDIS chapter meets Friday, March 27, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Kindred Chicago North. For more information, contact Dottie Fanning (Dorothy.Fanning@advocatehealth.com)
- The Tennessee ACDIS chapter meets Friday, March 27, at Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation in Memphis. For information, contact Kristie Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Maryland ACDIS chapter meets Friday, April 17, 12-2 p.m., at the Maryland Hospital Association. For information, contact Deb McClain (email@example.com).
- The Oklahoma ACDIS chapter meets Friday, April 17, at Integris in Oklahoma City. For information, contact Ann Donnelly (Ann.Donnelly@hillcrest.com).
- The Arizona ACDIS chapter meets Friday, April 17, 12-1:15 p.m., for a webinar titled “Joining Forces: How Ambulatory CDI can Collaborate with Inpatient Efforts,” featuring Jennifer Boles and Lori Ganote. For information, contact M.E. Van Gelder (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Oregon (Northwest) ACDIS chapter meets Friday, April 17, at Salem Health. For information, contact Jennifer Grubb (email@example.com).
- The Ohio ACDIS chapter meets, April 24, 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at Atrium Medical Center Friday. For information, contact Brittani Winkler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Washington Evergreen ACDIS chapter meets Friday, April 24, at Multicare Tacoma General in Tacoma. For information, contact the chapter leadership team (evergreenACDIS@gmail.com).
- The Virginia ACDIS chapter meets Saturday, April 25, 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., at Novant Health UVA Haymarket Medical Center in Haymarket. For information, contact Denice Shelton (email@example.com).
- The St. Louis Missouri ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, April 29, at SSM DePaul Hospital. For information, contact Pam Bulfer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The New Orleans ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, April 30, 4-5 p.m., at Semolina's in Clearview. The educational topic for the meeting will be wounds and ulcers. For information, contact Judi Dowling (email@example.com).
- The Florida ACDIS chapter meets Saturday, May 16, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at Broward Health Medical Center in Ft. Lauderdale. The chapter is also looking for volunteers to join the leadership team. For information, contact Edna Betances-Harold (firstname.lastname@example.org).