Local chapter update: Remember the CEU application process for chapter meetings
Before offering continuing education units (CEU) for any chapter training or education program, leaders must submit pre-approval applications 30 days prior to the meeting date. ACDIS then can review, approve, and process the application in that 30-day time period. CEU applications cannot be processed or accepted if they are submitted after the event has occurred.
Training sessions should be a minimum of one hour in length, as CEUs will be issued on a one-hour-equals-one-CEU basis. This excludes opening remarks, breaks, and informal discussions outside of the training. Face-to-face seminars, workshops and lectures, audio conferences and webinars, and online or eLearning programs may all be acceptable. Topics of training should be CDI-related, such as ICD-10, clinical disease or diagnosis, disease process, coding, documentation improvement activities, related technology, DRG, reimbursement, anatomy and physiology, or diagnosis/pathophysiology education.
The application must include speaker/presenter bio(s) with credentials, a list of learning objectives, a list of benefits to the attendee, and a timed agenda. ACDIS reserves the right to examine the program content prior to issuing a CEU certificate.
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. Visit your local chapter’s webpage on the ACDIS site for additional information about upcoming meetings. To join a chapter if you haven’t already or to update your chapter contact information/affiliation, click here.
- The Indiana ACDIS chapter meets Friday, June 24, at the Forum Events Center in Fishers, Indiana, for their in-person summer conference. For information, contact Sarah Booker (email@example.com).
- The Central Pennsylvania ACDIS chapter meets Friday, July 22, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., via webinar. For information and the registration link, contact Courtney Spangler (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Kansas City, Missouri ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, August 10, 2–3:30 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Debra Canova (email@example.com).
- The California ACDIS chapter meets Friday, October 21, for their sixth annual conference. For information, contact the leadership team (California.firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Kansas City, Missouri ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, November 9, 2–3:30 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Debra Canova (email@example.com).