ACDIS update: Here’s what to do in Dallas during the ACDIS Conference
The ACDIS team is excited to see everyone in Dallas in just a couple of weeks for the 2021 ACDIS Conference! While education and professional advancement are the goals, make sure to take advantage of all the amazing attractions and go out and do some sight-seeing.
There’s lots to do in Dallas, and here are a few ideas:
- Take a trip to the Dallas Arboretum & Botanical Gardens. This 66-acre garden has beautiful floral displays all year long, including gourd-inspired sculptures and other special fall-themed displays this October.
- Enjoy a nice stroll through Klyde Warren Park, complete with butterfly gardens, rolling lawns, an allée of Red Oaks, and 25-foot-wide path filled with activities including petanque (French bocci ball), ping pong and foosball.
- Prefer to be indoors? Visit the Perot Museum of Nature and Science to see some dinosaur skeletons and other exciting exhibits.
- Science not your thing? How about the Dallas Museum of Art, featuring a wide selection of exhibits from ancient Mediterranean to contemporary art and design.
- Maybe animals are more up your alley? Take a trip to the Dallas Zoo, the largest zoological experience in Texas offering educational and entertaining experiences.
- Animals are cool, but you prefer the ones that live under water. Visit the Dallas World Aquarium where the adventure begins at the top of a rainforest exhibit through multiple exhibits displaying all sorts of marine life.
- If you’re like us, with one thing on your mind: That’s food! Book an experience with Dallas’ Best Tacos and Margaritas Couch Tour, the perfect introduction to the city’s best Tex-Mex fare.
- Looking for something a little sweeter? How about a guided chocolate tour where you can experience five award-winning local chocolate venues.
Inside scoop: Our conference app includes a networking scavenger hunt game sponsored by GHR called “Click!” One of the clues encourages attendees to snap a shot of themselves enjoying the activities Dallas has to offer. So be sure to make the most of your visit, play our scavenger hunt game, and enjoy.