ACDIS update: Submit your CDI stories and tips to the CDI Journal
If one of your New Year’s resolutions was to get more involved with CDI and ACDIS, we have a suggestion for you: The Journal is ACDIS’ bimonthly publication which includes regulatory information, news, clinically-based articles, case studies, and membership profiles. Many of those articles are penned by CDI industry experts and members just like you.
The ACDIS editorial staff has laid out the following topics for the Journal this year and while submissions needn’t match the theme, contributors are welcome to if they choose. This year’s themes include:
- March/April: CDI technology
- Submission deadline: February 1
- May/June: Physician education and engagement
- Submission deadline: April 1
- July/August: Leadership and career ladders
- Submission deadline: June 1
- September/October: Denials management and appeals
- Submission deadline: August 1
- November/December: Payment and regulatory advancements
- Submission deadline: October 1
Submissions accepted for publication in the Journal will be eligible for one (1) Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) continuing education credit (CEU), at the discretion of the ACDIS editorial team. Please note that space for each edition is limited and therefore your article may be placed in another publication if need be. Only articles chosen for the Journal will be eligible for a CEU.
In order to be considered for publication in the Journal, contributors must:
- Submit an original piece of writing on a topic in CDI that is between 700 and 1,500 words long to ACDIS Editor Linnea Archibald (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Include a short professional bio and headshot with your submission
- Work with ACDIS editorial staff to edit and adjust the article as needed
The ACDIS team looks forward to reading your submissions.