Local chapter update: Thinking about volunteering to be a chapter leader? Join the open call next week.
Every January, ACDIS local chapters are required to select three individuals to lead the chapter in their events and vision. This is often the time that past leaders are looking to step down and have a fresh face step into the position.
If you have ever considered being a local chapter leader or are looking to increase your presence in the overall ACDIS association, now is the time!
ACDIS Editorial Director Melissa Varnavas works closely with the local chapter leaders, providing guidance and assistance. Next week, Thursday January 20 at 12 p.m. ET, Varnavas is leading an open webinar session for both current local chapter leaders as well as those interested in volunteering. This session will walk through the leadership agreement responsibilities and answer any questions folks may have about what leadership entails. You can join the webinar by clicking here. For questions, email Varnavas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. Visit your local chapter’s webpage on the ACDIS site for additional information about upcoming meetings. To join a chapter if you haven’t already or to update your chapter contact information/affiliation, click here.
- The Central Pennsylvania ACDIS chapter meets Friday, January 14, via webinar. For information, contact Courtney Spangler (email@example.com).
- The Wisconsin ACDIS chapter meets Saturday, January 15, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., in-person. For information, contact Alicia Whiteford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Minnesota ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, January 26, for “Defining and Querying for AKI and CKD: Could it be ATN?” presented by Shelia Duhon, national director of CDI, and Rhoda Chism, manager of CDI audit and education, with Steward Health Care LLC in Dallas, Texas. For information, contact Angie Balius (email@example.com)
- The California ACDIS chapter meets Friday, February 4, for their annual conference. For information, contact Pamela Stence (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Texas ACDIS chapter meets Friday, February 4, 2022, 1-3:30 p.m., via webinar, for the first annual Texas ACDIS Leadership Summit. For information, contact the general Texas ACDIS chapter email (email@example.com).
- The Wisconsin ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, February 9, 1 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Alicia Whiteford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Minnesota ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, February 23, for “Back to the Laboratory! Assessing Lab Values for CDI Outcomes” presented by Verona Lodholz, director of CDI with Accuity, based in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. For information, contact Angie Balius (email@example.com)
- The Central Pennsylvania ACDIS chapter meets Friday, April 22, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Courtney Spangler (firstname.lastname@example.org).