Local chapter update: Upping your game during the pandemic
Many ACDIS local chapters have upped their game during the pandemic. If you’ve been missing in-person local chapter gatherings or wondering how your local chapter can infuse energy and education into its events despite COVID-19, check out this agenda from the Georgia ACDIS chapter 2021 first quarter virtual meeting.
Long-term Acute Care CDI
Donna Colum, MHA, RN, CCDS
VP of Quality Documentation Post-Acute Medical
Trauma Documentation and Coding Guidelines
Dorothy Steed, RHIA, CCS
Independent Healthcare Consultant
Challenges of Moving CDI to 100% Remote
Lori Dixon, MSN, RN-BC, CDIP
COVID-19 Documentation and Coding Updates 2021
Cokethia Rachel, CCS
Georgia AHIMA Coding Roundtable Chair
Just because a local chapter can’t meet in-person during these times, that doesn’t mean there isn’t still opportunity for education and connection. Virtual Zoom or webinar meeting are a great way to keep chapter members engaged and connected, and they take no more planning than an in-person meeting would.
If you need assistance or advice with planning virtual local chapter meetings, feel free to reach out to ACDIS Editor Carolyn Riel (email@example.com) and Associate Editorial Director Melissa Varnavas (firstname.lastname@example.org) for suggestions.
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. To join a chapter if you haven’t already or to update your chapter contact information/affiliation, click here.
- The Georgia ACDIS chapter meets Friday, March 5, with speakers on remote CDI, revenue cycle, and CDI trauma coverage. Details and registration found at www.GeorgiaACDIS.com.
- The Westchester/Hudson Valley ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, March 11, 2-3 p.m., via webinar for a roundtable discussion of hot topics. For information, contact Kerry Seekircher (email@example.com).
- The Illinois ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, March 11, via webinar. Details to follow. For information, contact Dottie Fanning (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Kentucky ACDIS chapter meets Friday, March 12, for the virtual chapter conference. Details to follow. For information, contact Lisa Fuller (email@example.com).
- The CDI Educators networking group and Arizona ACDIS chapter meet Friday, March 12, 12-1:15 p.m. MST, via webinar for a lunch-and-learn event. For information, contact Sydni Johnson (Sydni.Johnson@bannerhealth.com) or Coral Fernandez (Coral.Fernandez@BHSI.COM)
- The Texas ACDIS chapter meets Friday, March 26. More details to follow. For information, contact Kristie Alexander (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Illinois ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, April 22, via webinar. Details to follow. For information, contact Dottie Fanning (email@example.com).