ACDIS update: CDI Journal focuses on CDI leadership
Stepping into any new leadership position, even one you’ve been properly prepared for, can be a challenge. Many CDI leaders find themselves in roles they never imagined they would inhabit and have to learn on the fly. The July/August edition of the CDI Journal seeks to help readers navigate new professional opportunities and challenges with confidence.
Within this edition’s pages, readers will learn about
- CDI leadership essentials from both new and seasoned managers and directors
- Advice from the Advisory Board members rotating off and from new members
- Insight from the 12th annual ACDIS conference
- Implementing career ladders and growing staff professionally
- The value of the CCDS certifications (from those who took the first exam 10 years ago)
- The answers to some frequently asked sepsis questions
- Navigating unexpected career changes
- Easing the CDI workload on physicians
The ACDIS team hopes you enjoy this latest edition and find some helpful information to advance your CDI practices inside its pages. The September/October edition will focus on CDI programs’ role with denials management and appeals, so if you’d like to contribute, wish to share your journey with denials management or appeals, or suggest an article idea, please feel free to email ACDIS editor Linnea Archibald at firstname.lastname@example.org.