ACDIS update: One more week to apply for an ACDIS CDI scholarship award
With the holidays coming up and all the time, travel, and expense that they often entail, it may not be first on your mind how close the deadline for our 2022/2023 ACDIS CDI Scholarship applications are! But as crazy as it is, November 30 is only a week away. If you’ve considered or have plans to apply for one of the four possible scholarships offered this year, now is the time to get all your materials ready!
To submit the application, you’ll need:
- Your contact information
- Your educational background
- Your current employment information
- A document that includes your headshot and professional bio
- A letter of recommendation including the organization name, dates of employment, and contact information of the reference
- The contact information of a second professional reference
- Answers to the three essay questions:
- Why are you interested in pursuing this scholarship?
- What most interest and excites you about the CDI profession?
- If you received this scholarship, in what ways would you share the information you gain with your peers to continue yours and your colleagues’ personal and professional development?
The four scholarships you can be considered for are the Introduction to CDI Scholarship (a one-year ACDIS membership and enrollment in the ACDIS CDI Apprenticeship program), the Professional Development Scholarship (registration to an ACDIS online Boot Camp), the Outpatient CDI Scholarship (2023 Outpatient Symposium registration), and the Melissa Varnavas Scholarship (2023 ACDIS conference registration).
Once the deadline has passed, the ACDIS Furthering Education Committee will review all scholarship applications and notify award recipients in February 2023.
We welcome all CDI professionals needing support in their further education efforts to apply now!