Certification update: Important updates regarding CCDS/CCDS-O exams during COVID-19 outbreak
At ACDIS our thoughts are with you, our members, at this time of national emergency due to the COVID-19 outbreak. We know many of you are doubly impacted by the situation with both personal and professional concerns. We want you to know that we are monitoring the situation and adjusting programs and policies as needed.
Following are some important updates on our testing programs.
- If you are currently scheduled for a certification exam, our testing partner, PSI, announced the temporary closure of its owned and operated physical test centers in the United States starting end of day March 19 through April 30. Sites will re-open meeting social distancing requirement on Friday, May 1, 2020. We will continue to provide updates should this date range change.
- All test center closures can be found here.
- If you have applied for an examination, your application will be held in our credentialing system until such time as PSI reopens its testing centers. We have extended all pending candidates a window of 90 days to take their exam after PSI testing centers reopen.
- If you are scheduled for a CCDS or CCDS-O exam, please visit the PSI website at https://www.psionline.com/ to reschedule. Please be aware that the PSI website is currently slow to load due to heavy traffic.
- Effective immediately, candidates can reschedule up to and including the day of testing at no penalty and with no documentation required. In most cases, candidates can reschedule their examinations on-line and PSI encourages you to do so. If you opt to reschedule through PSI’s candidate support call center, you may experience longer than usual wait times under the current circumstances. Call Centers are open 5:30 a.m.-8:00 p.m. PDT Monday through Friday, and 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. PDT Saturday and Sunday.
If you have any other concerns related to your membership or an existing credential, including issues you may have related to recertification, please call our customer service staff at 800-650-6787, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to support you in your professional goals during this challenging time.