Conference corner: Full 2019 agenda available now
Over the past few months, the 2019 Conference Committee has been hard at work selecting the final speakers and setting out a well-balanced agenda for the 2019 event. Finally, the committee is ready to share their work with the ACDIS community. The full 2019 agenda is available now. The event takes place May 20-23, 2019, at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida.
This year’s event has six educational tracks, like last year, but with some new changes to offer the best possible educational experience for conference attendees, no matter what stage of their career they find themselves. This year’s sessions fall into the following tracks:
- Track 1, Clinical & Coding: Session speakers provide insight into both the clinical and coding nuances which serve as the bedrock of CDI specialists’ daily duties of concurrent record review. This track also features sessions exploring key coding and documentation regulations.
- Track 2, Management & Professional Development: This track focuses on concerns pertaining to program management and individual professional development, so attendees can make the most of their programs and their careers.
- Track 3, Quality & Regulatory: In this track, CDI professionals will learn about coding and reporting requirements, advanced efforts in quality and cross-departmental collaboration, as well as ethical considerations to keep staff on the right side of compliance.
- Track 4, Innovation & Expansion: In this track, attendees will explore cutting edge advancements such as concurrent coding, second-level chart reviews, data analytics, remote CDI, and more.
- Track 5, Idea Laboratory: The presentation submissions for the 2019 conference included a number of ideas describing ways CDI programs are branching out, collaborating with other departments, conducting academic research, and searching for ways to better capture patient severity beyond hospital walls. ACDIS devotes Track 5 to these sessions combining speakers on similar topics to ensure attendees get a wide range of viewpoints on new CDI ideas.
- Track 6, Outpatient & Pediatric: As the world of CDI continues to expand into distinct settings, ACDIS devotes this educational track to two specific areas of expansion—outpatient and pediatric endeavors.
Please take a moment to review the agenda for the 2019 event and maybe even congratulate a colleague or peer on their accepted proposal.
There’s still time to submit a proposal for the Poster Presentations. To do so, click here. Applications for posters will be accepted through January 4.