Conference corner: Sample letter requesting support to attend the 2019 ACDIS conference
Editor’s note: CDI professionals wishing to earn support from program administrators to attend the 2019 ACDIS Conference, May 20-23, at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida, may adapt the following proposal.
To whom it may concern:
I would like to attend the 2019 ACDIS Conference, which takes place May 20-23 in Kissimmee, Florida.
The ACDIS Conference offers us a unique opportunity to learn from those currently working in a wide variety of CDI programs. By attending, we will be able to tap into these collective experiences to identify best practices, as well as the latest trends and techniques to help our team enhance our CDI professional skills and bring back recommendations for program enhancements to our facility.
The ACDIS conference includes two and a half days of education and networking sessions that offers us an opportunity to meet and problem-solve with CDI experts. Here is a link to the conference webpage, which includes the complete agenda.
In attending, we can learn first-hand from the experiences of others which makes this an opportunity we cannot afford to miss.
As evidence of the event’s positive outcomes, here are a few comments from attendees of last year’s conference:
- “Last year was my first ACDIS conference and I was extremely impressed. It makes me enthusiastic to go back to work. Great people and atmosphere.”
- “The ACDIS conference is one of the best conferences I’ve ever attended. I really enjoyed being there and it was worth the cost.”
- “I learned so much to bring back to our team. It was a wonderful opportunity to learn and network with others. We have such a unique job and it was so nice to be in the company of others who understood what I do for a living and to see their passion. It was truly inspiring.”
- “If CDI is your career, the ACDIS conference is essential to stay ahead of the changing landscape of healthcare. I love getting to spend time with my counterparts from all over the country. There’s a great sense of community!”
- “The conference is a great learning and networking experience. It’s like the CDI family from across the nation coming together for a family reunion.”
Personally, I want to attend the conference to get information or help with:
- <Fill in>
- <Fill in>
- <Fill in>
Here is an estimation of the cost to send a staff member to the 2019 ACDIS Conference. The cost of conference includes the cost of some breakfasts and lunches:
- Hotel: The hotel for this event has rooms for $205 per night (hotels fill quickly so we should reserve as soon as possible).
- Registration: $1,050 (early-bird discount is $950); ACDIS member $950 (early bird $850)
Airfare/travel will need to be assessed, also.
I am requesting approval so we can take advantage of the early-bird registration rate of $850 (if we’re ACDIS members) if we register before April 5, 2019. If we send the team, the fifth person registers for free (which we may wish to take advantage of).
If we are approved, we can further discuss which sessions might be best to attend to benefit our specific CDI targets as well as our overall program. And, of course, we’ll meet after the conference to discuss significant takeaways, tips, and recommended actions to maximize the investment for our CDI program.
Thank you for considering this request. Again, if we get approval now, we can save up to $200 on the registration and keep our total investment to about $1,200 (excluding flight). I look forward to your reply.