Local chapter update: Check in with local chapters on COVID-related cancelations
As the globe continues to cope with COVID-19, we are all operating under the constraints of our new reality. ACDIS local chapter volunteers, too, have needed to cancel and/or postpone many of their previously planned educational events. Please check the listings below for updated information and reach out to your local chapter leadership teams to find out more about event rescheduling. To help local chapter volunteers and members, ACDIS is working with the following groups to open these remote meetings to all ACDIS and ACDIS local chapter members.
We trust that you are all safe and well and pray that you will continue to be so.
- The first meeting will be with the Wisconsin ACDIS chapter on Thursday, April 9, 3 p.m., eastern. During this call, ACDIS Associate Editorial Director Melissa Varnavas will present the “State of the Industry,” reviewing the 2019 salary survey, recent publications, and industry news. If you would like to invite your chapter members to join this call please share this registration link with them https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7575316662675348747. After registering, they will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- The second meeting will be with Northwest Oregon ACDIS chapter on Friday, April 17, 1 p.m., eastern. This virtual education session includes an on-demand presentation "Pneumonia: Clinical Criteria and Documentation Requirements for CDI Professionals" with Colleen M. Rafferty, MD, MPH, and a panel discussion led by ACDIS Associate Editorial Director Melissa Varnavas and the Oregon ACDIS chapter leadership on physician engagement. If you would like to invite your chapter members to join this call please share this registration link with them https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/7421400427813138188. After registering, they will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
- The third meeting will be recasting of the “State of the Industry” presentation with the Michigan ACDIS chapter on Wednesday, April 22, 12 p.m., eastern. If you would like to invite your chapter members to join this call, please share this registration link with them https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5270742489747313677. After registering, they will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. If you have an upcoming event you would like to include, please email Melissa Varnavas (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Carolyn Riel (email@example.com).
- The Tennessee ACDIS chapter event slated for Friday, March 27, has been postponed. More details to follow. For information, contact Kristie Perry (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Maryland ACDIS chapter meets Friday, April 17, 12-2 p.m., at the Maryland Hospital Association. The chapter is looking into potential remote meeting capabilities. For information, contact Deb McClain (email@example.com).
- The Oklahoma ACDIS chapter meets Friday, April 17, at Integris in Oklahoma City. For information, contact Ann Donnelly (Ann.Donnelly@hillcrest.com).
- The Arizona ACDIS chapter meets Friday, April 17, 12-1:15 p.m., for a webinar titled “Joining Forces: How Ambulatory CDI can Collaborate with Inpatient Efforts,” featuring Jennifer Boles and Lori Ganote. For information, contact M.E. Van Gelder (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Washington Evergreen ACDIS chapter even slated for Friday, April 24, has been canceled. For information, contact the chapter leadership team (evergreenACDIS@gmail.com).
- The Virginia ACDIS chapter event slated for Saturday, April 25, 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., has been postponed. More details to follow. For information, contact Denice Shelton (email@example.com).
- The St. Louis, Missouri ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, April 29, at SSM DePaul Hospital. For information, contact Pam Bulfer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The New Orleans ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, April 30, 4-5 p.m., at Semolina's in Clearview. The educational topic for the meeting will be wounds and ulcers. For information, contact Judi Dowling (email@example.com).
- The Florida ACDIS chapter meets Saturday, May 16, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at Broward Health Medical Center in Ft. Lauderdale. The chapter is also looking for volunteers to join the leadership team. For information, contact Edna Betances-Harold (firstname.lastname@example.org).