Local chapter update: Reminder to volunteer leaders to take advantage of leadership benefits
Local chapter volunteer leaders receive certain benefits as a thank you from national for their ongoing efforts. If you are an ACDIS local chapter or network leader and are unsure of your leadership benefits, please reach out to your local chapter leadership team to discuss these benefits further and review the local chapter leadership agreement form.
The Chapter Advisory Board and ACDIS administration is in the process of reviewing the local chapter leadership agreement form for 2019 updates. All core volunteer local chapter leaders are expected to review and sign the agreement annually. The agreement is typically released to local chapter leaders in early January and is due back to national administrators by January 31.
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. If you have an upcoming event you would like to include, please email Melissa Varnavas (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Linnea Archibald (email@example.com).
- The Heart of Missouri ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, December 6, 5-8 p.m., at Boone Hospital Center Conference Room 1A in Columbia. For information, contact Karen Elmore (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The CDI Educator ACDIS networking group meets Friday, December 7, 1-2 p.m. mountain time, via conference call. For information, contact M.E. VanGelder (email@example.com).
- The Maryland ACDIS chapter meets Friday, December 7, 12-2 p.m., at the Maryland Hospital Association in Elkridge. For information, contact Candace Blankenship (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Kansas City, Missouri, ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, December 12, 2-3 p.m., via WebEx. For information, contact Angelica Naylor (email@example.com).
- The Maine ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, December 20, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center in the Lepage Large Conference Room in Lewiston. For information, contact Tammy Jutras (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Central Pennsylvania ACDIS chapter meets Friday, January 11, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., at WellSpan Education Center in York. Click here to download the agenda. For information, contact Deanne Wilk (email@example.com) and Lori LaFaver (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Westchester/Hudson Valley ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, January 17, 2-4 p.m., at Phelps Hospital in Sleepy Hollow. Click here to download the event flyer. For information and to RSVP, contact the chapter leadership team (email@example.com).
- The Oklahoma ACDIS chapter meets Friday, January 18, 2019, 1-3 p.m., at St. John Health Plaza in Tulsa. Click here to download the save-the-date. For information, contact Amanda Just (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Washington Evergreen ACDIS chapter meets Friday, January 18, 10-11 a.m., via webinar. For information, contact Lillian Dickey (email@example.com).
- The Minnesota ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, January 30, 1-2 p.m., via webinar. For information, contact Faye Bakke (Faye.Bakke@essentiahealth.org).
- The pediatric ACDIS networking group (APDIS) meets Thursday, March 7, 2019, 3 p.m. eastern. For information, contact Val Bica (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Leah Savage (leah.savage@BHSI.com).
- Missouri's three ACDIS chapters meet Saturday, October 19, 2019, 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., for the fourth annual Show Me State Conference at Boone Hospital in Columbia. Click here to download the save-the-date. More information to follow. For information, contact Karen Elmore (email@example.com).