Local chapter update: Submit your local chapter agreement form or get involved!
Earlier this month, all chapter and networking group leaders should have received an email from ACDIS Associate Editorial Director Linnea Archibald (email@example.com) with the local chapter agreement contract for 2023. If you haven’t read over, signed, and returned this form yet, you have until January 31! Three main leaders must sign the agreement, each of whom work at a different organization.
If you aren’t a leader but would like to support or volunteer for your local chapter, you can offer to present a local chapter meeting, host a meeting at your facility, or serve in an officer or leadership role. Contact the current local chapter leaders via your chapter page on our website or by fill out your information on our local chapter roster here to get involved!
If your area does not currently have an active chapter and you’d be interested in helping start one up, feel free to reach out to the ACDIS team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get started. Please also reach out if you’re having difficulty finding new leadership—we are here to help!
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. Visit your local chapter’s webpage on the ACDIS site for additional information about upcoming meetings. To join a chapter if you haven’t already or to update your chapter contact information/affiliation, click here.
- The Michigan ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, January 26, 12–1:30 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, “State of the Industry,” and will be presented by ACDIS Associate Editorial Director Linnea Archibald. For information, contact the chapter leadership team (email@example.com).
- The California ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, February 15, 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled “OIG Work Plan: What to Know” and will be presented by Leigh Poland, RHIA, CCS. For information, contact Alma Yap (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Greater New York ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, February 16, 2023, 2–3 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, “2022 Guidelines for Achieving a Compliant Query Practice,” and will be presented by ACDIS Interim Director and CDI Education Director Laurie Prescott, RN, MSN, CCDS, CCDS-O, CDIP, CRC. For information, contact Kalena Britt (email@example.com).
- The Arizona ACDIS chapter meets Friday, February 17, 12-1:15 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, “Denial Ain’t Just a River in Egypt: CDI Practice Advancement” and will be presented by ACDIS CDI Education Specialist Kimberly Connor, BSN, CCDS, CCDS-O. For information, contact Denice Piwowar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The South Carolina ACDIS chapter meets Friday, February 17, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., for an onsite event. The event will take place at Roper St. Francis Healthcare in Charleston, South Carolina. For information, contact Rebecca Sandifer (Rebecca.Sandifer@prismahealth.org).
- The Georgia ACDIS chapter meets Friday, March 3, 2023, at 9 a.m., via webinar for its first quarterly meeting. For information, contact Paula Rector (email@example.com).