Local chapter update: Use an ACDIS webinar for your chapter during the busy winter!
The holiday season is a magical thing that can bring people together but coordinating schedules around it is often difficult. If your chapter is struggling to find speakers during this busy time of year for a winter meeting, ACDIS can help. Each local chapter and networking group can make use of two ACDIS resources per year, so if you haven’t taken advantage yet, now is the time! Local chapter leaders can request any on-demand webinar (scroll down the page for the list) to use as a winter meeting if they haven’t made use of these two offers yet in 2022. Let us know via the ACDIS Local Chapter Leadership Request form and an ACDIS team member will reach out to help you with selection available.
For those having in-person meetings with speakers already planned, ACDIS is happy to send a package of surprise giveaway goodies for you to raffle off to attendees. Please simply specify that that's what you're requesting in the same form, and as always feel free to send us questions at email@example.com!
The following is a list of upcoming events for ACDIS local chapters. Visit your local chapter’s webpage on the ACDIS site for additional information about upcoming meetings. To join a chapter if you haven’t already or to update your chapter contact information/affiliation, click here.
- APDIS, the Pediatric ACDIS networking group, meets Thursday, December 1, 3-4:30 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled “Updates in Challenging Pediatric Diagnoses: Kawasaki Disease, MIS-C, heart failure and immunodeficiency” and will be presented by Amy Sanderson, MD, Lucinda Lo, MD, and Sheila Snyder, MD. For information, contact Amy Bush (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Massachusetts ACDIS chapter meets Wednesday, December 7, 12–1 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, “Engaging Challenging Physicians: A Physician Advisor Perspective” and will be presented by Hassan Rao, MD, CPC. For information, contact Cindy Labins (email@example.com).
- The Missouri St. Louis ACDIS chapter meets Friday, December 9, 2022, 4-5 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, “A Coder’s Perspective of CDI” and will be presented by Alicia Scott, CPC, CPC-I, CRC. For information, contact Stephanie Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Virginia ACDIS chapter meets Monday, December 12, 11:30 a.m.–1 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, “Defining the Clinical Landscape Associated with Patient Safety Indicators” and will be presented by Jessica Sime, MD. For information, contact Amanda Palacios (email@example.com).
- The Kentucky ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, December 15, 12–4 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, “OP CDI: Taking CDI to the Next Level” and will be presented by Shirlivia Parker, RHIA, CDIP. For information, contact Susanne Warford (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Illinois ACDIS chapter meets Thursday, January 19, 12-1 p.m., via webinar. The program is titled, “Outpatient CDI: Taking CDI to the Next Level” and will be presented by Shirlivia Parker, MHA, RHIA, CDIP, BS-HIM. For information, contact Jeneth Esquivel-Salinas (email@example.com).